As December approaches, we move from the Metal element of Autumn into the Water element of Winter. It is therefore especially important at this time of year to ensure that we nourish, strengthen and support the physical parts and emotional aspects of ourselves which are related to Water, specifically:
- Our Kidneys: Source of energy and constitutional strength. Integral in enabling the body to perform at its best, in nourishing the brain and bringing about birth, growth, development and reproduction (male and female fertility), as well as healthy menopause and ageing
- Bladder: Controller of fluid in and around the body- urine and incontinence, thirst levels and weight control, urinary tract infections
- Brain: Mental clarity and, focus
- Bones: strength, density and stability, esp. lower back and knees
- Ears: ability to physically hear and be open and responsive to others’ words
- Hair: quality, quantity, colour
- ‘Zhi’: our ability to progress; our drive and determination; our willpower and potential; our levels of fear and anxiety; focus and future facing plans.
This can be done through diet, lifestyle changes, specific meditation and Qi Gong exercises, as well as stimulating specific WATER-related energy channels such as the Bladder channel on the back to energise us or certain WATER-related acupuncture points on the body, for example the soul of the foot to clear menopausal heat or migraines.
To give yourself the greatest chance of health, of balance and harmony – both to tackle problems and as a maintenance and prevention tool… book your seasonal treatment now.